Expansion of modified screening process
Beginning Monday, March 23, all UT Physicians clinics will expand the current modified screening process. Patients, visitors, and employees will take part in a brief survey and temperature reading when arriving for appointments. This will be in effect until further notice.
With these new protocols, it is recommended that patients arrive early for appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, this is a rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and our utmost priority is the safety of our patient population and our employees.
We encourage everyone to be vigilant and help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses by practicing good hygiene, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with the disease, you are asked to call your clinic prior to your appointment.
Visit our information center for additional resources and facts regarding the virus.