Modified access for UT Professional Building
In the interest of safety and to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19, the University of Texas Health Science Center Professional Building, located at 6410 Fannin Street in the Texas Medical Center, will have a modified access protocol in place for everyone entering the building beginning at noon Monday, March 9. This will be in effect until further notice.
All visitors entering the building will take part in a brief screening that will include a series of questions. Taking this new measure into account, patients should arrive early for their appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we are closely working with other health organizations and federal, state, and local agencies in our response to COVID-19.
We encourage everyone to be vigilant and help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses by practicing good hygiene, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with the disease, you are asked to call your clinic prior to your appointment.
For additional questions regarding COVID-19, view our FAQ.