Henry J. Blum, MD
- Clinical Interests:
- Joint Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement, Knee Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, Knee Reconstruction
- Board Certification:
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 1983
University of Texas - MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1984
Baylor College of Medicine, 1989
Presbyterian Health System, 1990
Dr. Henry Blum is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. Blum specializes in total joint replacement with an emphasis on arthroscopy of the hip and knee, total hip and knee replacements, as well as partial knee replacements and resurfacing using robotic assisted technologies to improve patient outcomes.
Dr. Blum is a fellowship trained sub-specialist in knee and hip problems, who treats every patient individually with the highest level of care and expertise. He is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and has been in practice in the Houston and Sugar Land areas for over 25 years. He was born in Houston, and trained in Houston and Dallas, and has practiced in the Texas Medical Center (with his father, also a board certified orthopedic surgeon), southwest Houston, and Sugar Land, as well as being the founding Chairman of Houston Orthopedic and Spine Hospital (now Memorial Hermann Orthopedic and Spine Hospital) in Bellaire.
Dr. Blum welcomes new and existing patient referrals, and will ensure that each patient receives expert and compassionate orthopedic care.
Dr. Blum is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the Houston Orthopedic Society.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, McGovern Medical School
- Chairman and Founding partner, Houston Orthopedic and Spine Hospital
- Past Chairman and Founding Partner, River Oaks Surgical Center
- Past Chairman Orthopedic Department, Memorial Hermann Southwest
- Member, American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons
- Board Certified and Maintained each decade, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- UT Physicians Orthopedics at Memorial Hermann Orthopedic and Spine Hospital
5420 West Loop South, Suite 2400
Bellaire, TX 77401
- UT Physicians Orthopedics – Sugar Land
15035 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478