Polina Gelfer, M.D., is an associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.
Dr. Gelfer sees patients from newborn to 21 years of age. She is devoted to providing family centered care and utilizes an individualized approach with all of her patients.
Dr. Gelfer is an active member of several professional organizations including the American Academy of Pediatrics and Texas Pediatric Society. She received recognition for her clinical service in 2012.
When she is not caring for her patients, Dr. Gelfer enjoys traveling, hiking, skiing, attending symphony and operas, and spending time with her husband and two daughters.
Tyumen State Medical Institute, 1991
Stony Brook University Medical Center, 2000
- Chandran L, Gelfer P. Breastfeeding: the Essential Principles. Pediatrics in review, Vol 27, No 11, November 2006
- Gelfer P, Kennedy K. Practice guidelines. Developmental Dysplasia of the hip. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, Volume 2, 2008
- Gelfer P, Cameron R, Masters K, Kennedy K. Integrating “Back to Sleep” Recommendations into Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Practice. Pediatrics, 131(4), 2013
*Article was recognized in the AAP news magazine
- Gelfer P. Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. Nonsystematic review. First Consult, January 2013
- Gelfer P, Tatum M. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Clinical guideline. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. September/October 2014
- Gelfer P. Nurses’ Role in Parental Education on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Risk Reducing Strategies. Annals of Nursing and Practice. 2014, 1(1):1004. 2014
- Gelfer P, McCarthy A, Spruill C. Infant Driven Feeding for Preterm Infants: Learning Though Experience. Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews. June 2015.