UT Physicians is a preferred provider for many health plans. Check our list of contracted insurance plans below. If you don’t see your plan listed, please contact us at 888-4UT-DOCS (888-488-3627). We are committed to assisting you in accessing our health care services.
Before Your Appointment
- UT Physicians will verify your insurance.
- Check with your health insurance carrier for final determination regarding specific covered services since they are subject to change.
Days of Service
- Bring a personal ID and your insurance card.
- Notify staff of any additional medical insurance coverage or changes to your insurance since your last visit.
- Verify your correct mailing address and let the staff know of any other changes since your last visit (phone numbers, employer, etc.).
- Applicable co-payments, co-insurance, and deductible amounts will be collected.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your carrier.
- UT Physicians will send you a bill for any remaining financial obligation not paid by your health plan.
Insurance Plans Accepted
AARP Medicare Advantage HMO
Aetna (HMO, PPO, POS, Workers Comp Network, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
(Some Aetna plans do not include all providers within UT Physicians. Confirm with your plan.)
AHI-HealthLink PPO Network
Alliance Workers Comp Network
Ambetter Marketplace plans
Amerigroup (Star, Star+Plus, STAR Kids, CHIP, Medicare Advantage HMO, Medicare with Medicaid)
Beech Street PPO Network
Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas (Blue Essentials HMO, Blue Premier HMO, PPO, Blue HPN, Indemnity, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
CareWorks (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the VA)
Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
Cigna (HMO, PPO, POS, LocalPlus, Cigna Preferred Medicare HMO, Cigna True Choice Medicare PPO)
(Some Cigna commercial plans do not include all providers within UT Physicians. Confirm with your plan.)
Coastal Comp Health Network (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
Community Health Choice (Star, CHIP, Marketplace plans)
CorVel PPO Network, Workers Comp Network
Coventry Healthcare (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
Evolutions Healthcare Systems (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
First Health (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
Galaxy Health Network PPO Network
HealthSCOPE Benefits PPO Network
Health Smart Preferred Care (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
Healthy Texas Women (Texas Medicaid program)
Houston Independent School District (HISD) Workers Comp Network
Humana (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
Independent Medical System PPO Network
Injury Management Organization Workers Comp Network
Interplan Health Group PPO Network
OccuNet PPO Network
Olympus International PPO Network
PayerFusion PPO Network
Political Subdivision WC Alliance Workers Comp
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) PPO Network
Reny Company Workers Comp Network
Superior Health Plan [Star, Star+Plus, STAR Kids, CHIP, Star Health (Foster Care)], Ambetter Marketplace plans
Texas Healthcare Foundation Workers Comp Network
Texas True Choice PPO Network
Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (USFHP)
UnitedHealthcare (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (Star, STAR Kids, CHIP, Medicare with Medicaid)
USA Managed Care Organization (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO
WorkLink Workers Comp Network