UT Physicians is a preferred provider for many health plans. Check our list of contracted insurance plans below. If you don’t see your plan listed, please contact us at 888-4UT-DOCS (488-3627). We are committed to assisting you in accessing our health care services.
Prior to Appointment
- UT Physicians will verify your insurance.
- Check with your health insurance carrier for final determination regarding specific covered services since they are subject to change.
Day of Service
- Bring a personal ID and your insurance card.
- Notify staff of any additional medical insurance coverage or changes to your insurance since your last visit.
- Verify your correct mailing address and let the staff know of any other changes since your last visit (phone numbers, employer, etc.).
- Applicable co-payments, co-insurance and deductible amounts will be collected.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your carrier.
- UT Physicians will send you a bill for any remaining financial obligation not paid by your health plan.
Please note: some insurance companies listed below do not include all UT Physicians providers. Confirm with your plan whether the provider you’d like to see is part of your insurance plan’s network.
For questions regarding your bill, please contact: UT Physicians Patient Services at 855-877-2808.
Message Center calls are returned within one business day.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- AARP Medicare Advantage HMO
- Aetna (HMO, PPO, POS, Workers Comp Network, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
(Some Aetna plans do not include all providers within UT Physicians. Confirm with your plan.)
- AHI-HealthLink PPO Network
- Alliance Workers Comp Network
- Ambetter Marketplace plans
- Amerigroup (Star, Star+Plus, STAR Kids, CHIP, Medicare Advantage HMO, Medicare with Medicaid)
UT Physicians is out of network with Amerigroup Medicare plans that are part of the IntegraNet IPA. There are no out of network benefits, so you will need to seek care within the IntegraNet IPA.
UT Physicians is out of network with Amerigroup Medicare plans that are part of the Van Lang IPA; however, if Van Lang approves your primary care physician’s referral to UT Physicians, you are able to be seen at one of our UT Physicians locations.
- Beech Street PPO Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas (Blue Essentials HMO, Blue Premier HMO, PPO, Indemnity, Medicare Advantage PPO)
- CareWorks (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- CHAMPVA (Civilian Health and Medical Program of the VA)
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
- Cigna (HMO, PPO, POS, LocalPlus)
(Some Cigna plans do not include all providers within UT Physicians. Confirm with your plan.)
- Coastal Comp Health Network (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- Community Health Choice (Star, CHIP, Marketplace plans)
- CorVel PPO Network, Workers Comp Network
- Coventry Healthcare (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- First Health (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- Galaxy Health Network PPO Network
- HealthSCOPE Benefits PPO Network
- Health Smart Preferred Care (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- Healthy Texas Women (Texas Medicaid program)
- Houston Independent School District (HISD) Workers Comp Network
- Humana (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
- Independent Medical System PPO Network
- Injury Management Organization Workers Comp Network
- Interplan Health Group PPO Network
- Medicus International PPO Network
- Memorial Hermann Health Insurance Company (HMO, PPO, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
- Memorial International Patient Care Network PPO Network
- Molina (Star, CHIP)
- MultiPlan (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- OccuNet PPO Network
- Olympus International PPO Network
- PayerFusion PPO Network
- Political Subdivision WC Alliance Workers Comp
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) PPO Network
- ProCare Advantage
- Reny Company Workers Comp Network
- Superior Health Plan [Star, Star+Plus, STAR Kids, CHIP, Star Health (Foster Care)], Ambetter Marketplace plans
- Texas Healthcare Foundation Workers Comp Network
- Texas True Choice PPO Network
- Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (USFHP)
- UnitedHealthcare (HMO, PPO, POS, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (Star, STAR Kids, CHIP, Medicare with Medicaid)
- USA Managed Care Organization (PPO Network, Workers Comp Network)
- Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO
- WorkLink Workers Comp Network