Deborah B. Horn, DO, MPH
Medical Weight Loss Management
- Clinical Interests:
- Obesity Medicine, Optimized Metabolic Performance, Weight Loss, Ultra Preventive Medicine, Obesity-Focused Clinical Trials
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2001
University of South Carolina , 2004
Houston Methodist Hospital, 2006
Deborah B. Horn, DO, MPH, is committed to the long-term treatment of the disease of obesity. By utilizing the latest technology and medical support, her comprehensive approach to care includes improvement in obesity associated co-morbidities like diabetes, hypertension, and arthritis pain.
Dr. Horn graduated college from the University of Texas at Austin. She completed her Master’s of Science in Exercise Physiology at the University of Colorado at Boulder and her medical degree at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her Preventive Medicine residency at the University of South Carolina and her Family Medicine residency at the Methodist/Cornell program in Houston. Dr. Horn also holds a Master’s of Public Health and Physical Activity from the University of South Carolina. She specializes in obesity medicine and metabolic performance. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Dr. Horn is the Medical Director for the UT Center of Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance. She is former faculty at the world renowned Duke University Diet and Fitness Center. Dr. Horn is committed to an individualized approach to the medical care of patients with an emphasis on balanced comprehensive treatment in the realm of obesity and metabolic performance. She in an international leader in the field of obesity medicine and serves globally to bring integrated care focused on improved health lifestyle to her patients.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Horn is a physical activity enthusiast and enjoys running, indoor cycling, strength training, pilates, and paddle boarding.
Present Title and Affiliation
- Medical Director, Center for Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance (COMMP), Department of Surgery, McGovern Medical School
- Assistant professor, Department of Surgery, McGovern Medical School
- Fellowship Program Director, Allison Family Foundation Fellowship in Clinical Obesity Medicine and Metabolism, McGovern Medical School
- Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Obesity Medicine Fellowship Council, Founding Member
- Obesity Medicine Education Collaborative, Co-Lead
- Clinical Faculty and member of the Education Management Task Force, World Obesity Federation
- Past President of the Obesity Medicine Association
Honors and Awards
- 2019 Awarded the Steelman-Seim Educator Award for Excellence in Academics by the Obesity Medicine Association
- 2016 Awarded the the Health Care Provider of the Year by the Obesity Action Coalition
- 2014 Awarded the Raymond Dietz Meritorious Service Award from her obesity medicine colleagues
- 2013 Awarded the title of Master Fellow of the Obesity Medicine Association
- 2011 Obesity Medicine Specialist of the Year, Obesity Medicine Association
- Program Director’s Award, Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, 2005-2006
- Chief Resident Award, Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program 2005-2006
- UT Physicians Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas (UTMIST) – Bellaire
6700 West Loop South, Suite 500
Bellaire, TX 77401