Deborah B. Horn, DO, MPH
Medical Weight Loss Management
- Clinical Interests:
- Obesity Medicine, Optimized Metabolic Performance, Weight Loss, Ultra Preventive Medicine
Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2001
University of South Carolina , 2004
Houston Methodist Hospital, 2006
Dr. Horn graduated college from the University of Texas at Austin. She completed her Master’s of Science in Exercise Physiology at the University of Colorado at Boulder and her medical degree at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her Preventive Medicine residency at the University of South Carolina and her Family Medicine residency at the Methodist/Cornell program in Houston. Dr. Horn also holds a Master’s of Public Health and Physical Activity from the University of South Carolina. She specializes in obesity medicine and metabolic performance. She is clinical assistant professor in the department of surgery at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Dr. Horn is the Medical Director for the UT Center of Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance. She is former faculty at the world renowned Duke University Diet and Fitness Center. Dr. Horn is committed to an individualized approach to the medical care of patients with an emphasis on balanced comprehensive treatment in the realm of obesity and metabolic performance. She in an international leader in the field of obesity medicine and serves globally to bring integrated care focused on improved health lifestyle to her patients.
Present Title and Affiliation
- Medical Director, Center for Obesity Medicine and Metabolic Performance (COMMP), Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School in Houston.
- Clinical assistant professor, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- She is the President-Elect of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians and a Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
- President-Elect, American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Director, International Outreach Project focused on supporting clinicians and professional societies with an interest in clinical obesity treatment globally.
- Clinical Faculty and member of the Education Management Task Force, World Obesity Federation
- Clinical Committee and Advocacy Committee member, The Obesity Society
Honors and Awards
- Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Raymond Dietz Meritorious Service Award in 2014 from her obesity medicine colleagues.
- 2013 Awarded the title of Fellow of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians
- Bariatrician of the Year in 2011 by ASBP
- Program Director’s Award, Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, 2005-2006
- Chief Resident Award, Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program 2005-2006
- Senior Resident Award, Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
- UT Physicians Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Texas (UTMIST)
6700 West Loop South, Suite 500
Bellaire, TX 77401