Yesenia Blancas, MD
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Interests:
- Pregnancy, family planning, preventative women's health, fertility concerns, perimenopause / menopause, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain, gynecology surgery, minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic surgery)
- Board Certification:
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Texas A&M University College of Medicine, 2012
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 2016
Yesenia Blancas, MD, provides care for women of all ages. She enjoys getting to know her patients and providing a comfortable and supportive environment for them to voice their concerns. Dr. Blancas’ expertise allows her to provide the most accurate and up-to-date clinical advice and treatments for all women at different stages in their lives.
Dr. Blancas is board certified and has contributed to numerous news articles on women’s health.
Her family immigrated from Mexico, and as a native Houstonian, Dr. Blancas spent a lot of time in both communities growing up. She understands and is committed to caring for Houston’s diverse patient population.
Dr. Blancas obtained her medical degree at Texas A&M University and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, cooking, exercising. She also loves dogs and owns a labradoodle.
Awards / Recognitions / Appointments / Professional Memberships
- Physician of the Quarter at Memorial City Mother and Baby Unit – 2020
- Member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Administrative Chief Resident during training
- “Pregnant women are urged to participate in National Influenza Vaccination Week”- KTRK Channel 13- 2016
- “Folic acid helps prevent birth defects but women may not be getting enough” – KXNL Channel 45 Houston- 2017
- “ Importance of Folic Acid for Women” – KRIV Fox Channel 26 Houston- 2017
- “UT Physicians OB/GYN explains the importance of maintaining routine appointments during COVID-19 pandemic” KRPC Channel 2 Houston- 2020
- “Doctors say despite pandemic, don’t miss out on your appointment with your gynecologist” – KHOU Channel 11 Houston- 2021 “
- Dr. Yesenia Blancas was interviewed by KTRK-TV about the importance of pregnant women being vaccinated. Click here to view it.