Halloween is here! Try out these family-friendly cupcakes for some sweet bonding time with your little ones. Recipe courtesy of Joy Ashby Cornthwaite, RD.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 2/3 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 cup of water
- Frosting of your choice (optional)
- Seasonal candy (optional)
- Pour cake mix into large mixing bowl.
- Into the large mixing bowl add water, eggs, canned pumpkin, oil, and pumpkin spice. Whisk together or use a hand mixer to combine ingredients for two minutes.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan.
- Bake according to the cake mix instructions.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the frosting of your choice. Use seasonal candy as fun and edible decorations.