Andrew Li-Yung Hing, MD
Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Board Certification:
American Board of Family Medicine
American University of Antigua College of Medicine, 2009
Baton Rouge General Medical Center, 2012
Baton Rouge General Medical Center, 2013
Dr. Andrew Li is an assistant professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Li specializes in Primary Care Sports Medicine with an emphasis on the full care of the active person from the common cold and health maintenance to the non-operative treatment of sports related injuries and injury prevention. Dr. Li’s clinical interests include ultrasound guided procedures, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), and the management of chronic tendonopathy and arthritis. Certified in imPACT training, Dr. Li also provides evaluation and management of concussions. Dr. Li currently is the Team Physician for the University of St. Thomas and provides coverage for several area high schools and community events, including the IRONMAN triathlon.
Dr. Li is a member of several professional organizations, including Fellow of American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Physicians, the American College of Sports Medicine, International Institute for Race Medicine, Texas Academy of Family Physicians and Harris County Academy of Family Physicians.
- Texas Medical Association/Harris County Medical Society
- Harris County Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- International Institute for Race Medicine
- Li-Yung Hing, A. Collegiate Women’s Soccer Player with Leg Pain. Poster session presented at: AMSSM 22nd Annual Meeting, 2013 April 17-21, San Diego, California.
- Li-Yung Hing, A, Shaw, V. Recreational Athlete with Bilateral Hip Pain. Poster session presented at: AMSSM 21st Annual Meeting, 2012 April 21-25, Atlanta, Georgia.
- PEPID PCP, 12.0, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome in Athletes, Published June 2011, Co-author with Dr. Vincent Shaw.
- Li-Yung Hing, A. The Best Treatment for Osgood-Schlatter Disease. Evidence-Based Practice.
- UT Physicians Orthopedics – Southeast
11914 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 670
Houston, TX 77089
- UT Physicians Orthopedics – Pearland
10905 Memorial Hermann Drive, Suite 130
Pearland, TX 77584
- UT Physicians Orthopedics – Sugar Land
15035 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478
- UT Physicians Orthopedics at Ironman Sports Medicine Institute – Sugar Land
17520 West Grand Parkway South, Suite 200
Sugar Land, TX 77479