Ashley K. Amsbaugh, MD
- Board Certification:
American Board of Anesthesiology
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 2012
University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2017
University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2016
Dr. Ashley Amsbaugh is double board certified in anesthesiology and pain management, specializing in interventional pain medicine. Her clinical interests include all aspects in pain medicine, specifically neuraxial pain.
After graduating from the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston, Dr. Amsbaugh received her bachelor of science degree at The University of Texas at Austin, and completed her medical degree from McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. She completed her residency in anesthesiology at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky, where she was named Outstanding Resident in Pain Medicine. She completed fellowship training in pain medicine at the same institution.
Dr. Amsbaugh has co-authored numerous articles for peer-reviewed publications, including Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, Brachytherapy, Pain Research and Treatment and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia.
Dr. Amsbaugh is a proud member of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Texas Pain Society, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Dr. Amsbaugh is experienced in all aspects of interventional pain medicine, including:
- Facet injections, medial branch nerve blocks and radiofrequency ablations
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Transforaminal, interlaminar and caudal epidural injections
- Greater and lesser occipital nerve blocks
- Botox for chronic migraines
- Trigger point injections
- Large joint injections
- Genicular nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Stellate, celiac plexus, lumbar sympathetic, superior hypogastric and ganglion of impar blocks and neurolysis
- UT Physicians Neurosciences – Texas Medical Center
6400 Fannin St, Suite 2800
Houston, TX 77030
- UT Physicians Neurosciences – Spine Center
6400 Fannin St, Suite 2150
Houston, TX 77030