UTHealth COVID-19 Center of Excellence
Post-COVID Adult & Pediatric Care
As the health care community continues to tackle this pandemic head on, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) has created a UTHealth COVID-19 Center of Excellence to help patients, the community, and the world meet the challenges of this disease. Supported by the strength of the six UTHealth schools, thousands of academic-scientists and physician-researchers, we are your leaders for adult and pediatric care—bringing together a broad range of specialties to support aftercare. If you, or a family member, are one of the millions who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we will provide you with the best evidence-based care possible. The center is also part of leading-edge research as health care teams around the world work towards a vaccine and therapy options.
Our specialist, your recovery supportIf you are suffering from COVID-19 complications or need additional recovery support, UT Physicians offers comprehensive care at one location in the Texas Medical Center.
Scope of expertise in pediatric and adult care for COVID-19 recovery
- Cardiology (Heart)
- General Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Pulmonology (Lung)
- Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Other specialties available
Telehealth Appointments Available
Prefer a virtual appointment from the comfort of your home—or anywhere? UT Physicians specialists are available.
Benefits to telehealth care
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations during pandemic
- Consult with a health care provider from the safety of your home
- Safely conduct follow-up visits or customized appointments to order medication refills
- Telehealth visits are covered by Medicare and most insurance companies (contact your health insurance company for more information)
- HIPAA compliant
Tips for a successful telehealth visit
- Have a quiet place for a visit
- Write down specific questions or concerns
- Have list of your medications handy
- If possible, know your vital signs
- Report any difficulties you may have doing normal activities
- Ask questions and repeat instructions
- Write down any follow-up instructions
Patient-Centered Care, Physical & EmotionalAs a community, we know people have been impacted by the pandemic in ways that can’t physically be seen. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or an overall feeling of sadness, UT Physicians also provides services with a wide-range of specialists in psychology, psychiatry, and counseling. The center is your source for compassionate care with specialists who will actively listen and develop therapy options to help.
Safety PrecautionsAll visitors to The University of Texas Health Science Center Professional Building are strongly advised to wear a mask.
Patient Resources for COVID-19
Tools available for those using alcohol to cope with pandemic stress
July 19, 2021
Summer travel tips during COVID-19
June 02, 2021
UTHealth COVID-19 Research
- September 10, 2020