Noninvasive vascular imaging services
Imaging the heart: What you need to know
Our accredited, noninvasive vascular laboratories are available for vascular imaging to give your provider an evaluation of your arteries and veins. The images captured during the ultrasound appointment will help our specialists diagnose your condition, identify a diagnosis and create a customized treatment plan. A duplex ultrasound is noninvasive (no needles, no pokes).
A registered and/or credentialed sonographer performs all ultrasound tests at UT Physicians.
The test can help your doctor determine:
- If there are plaque or blood clots causing blockage or narrowing within your arteries.
- If the blood flow is traveling backward through your vein valves (venous reflux, venous insufficiency)
- The size and function of the abdominal aorta (identifying aneurysms or narrowing).
- The amount of blood flow you are getting to the arms or legs to identify if you have enough blood flow to heal a wound or ulceration.
- If there are any abnormal connections between the arteries and veins.