Matthew T. Harting, MD
General Pediatric Surgery
- Clinical Interests:
- Congenital and Acquired Thoracic Disease (Pulmonary, Diaphragmatic, & Esophageal), Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, Minimally Invasive Surgery (Laparoscopy & Thoracoscopy) , Extracorporeal Life Support (ELS or ECMO)
- Board Certification:
American Board of Surgery
Surgical Critical Care
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 2003
University of Michigan Hospitals, 2011
University of Washington, 2013
Dr. Matthew Harting is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatric Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Dr. Harting is a clinical and basic-translational scientist with interests in pulmonary disease and stem cell biology. His primary research is focused on congenital diaphragmatic hernia and the concomitant pulmonary pathophysiology. He is investigating novel, cell-based therapies as treatment strategies for congenital pulmonary disease. Additionally, he is involved in the Center for Surgical Trials and Evidence Based Practice.
Dr. Harting helps both parents and children understand medical complexities. Utilizing the latest research available, he applies his diverse training to caring for each child with an appropriately unique and optimized approach.
A resident of west Houston, Dr. Harting is married and the father of three young children. His favorite leisure activity is spending time with his family.
- UT Physicians Pediatric Surgery – Texas Medical Center
6410 Fannin Street, Suite 950
Houston, TX 77030
- UT Physicians Pediatric Center – Memorial City
929 Gessner, Suite 2440
Houston, TX 77024
- UT Physicians Pediatric Surgery – Memorial City
915 Gessner, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77024
- UT Physicians Pediatric Surgery II – Texas Medical Center
7900 Fannin Street, Suite 3200
Houston, TX 77054